By: Patti Harrison, Small Business Owner
For many people, when they think of the term Small Business, they think of one-of-a-kind products produced locally. Where a vision of Main Street, USA comes to mind.
The reality is that Small Businesses have a tremendous impact not only on the local economy but on the national and global economies as well.
Just think of the ripple effect created by this hard-working group that has an abundance of grit, passion and determination:
- Small businesses create more than 75% of the country’s new jobs
- Small businesses pay out more than 44% pf the country’s private payroll
- Small businesses generate more than half of the country’s private gross domestic product.
- Small businesses makeup 97% of exporters
- Small businesses help funnel 68% of every dollar spent into the local economy.
- Small businesses donate 250% more money to nonprofit organizations than larger companies do.
If that isn’t enough to get you to ‘Shop Small’ keep in mind that as a whole, Small Businesses have a much smaller carbon footprint and are therefore better for the environment!
As we head into the biggest shopping days of the year, remember to Shop Small and make a lasting impact on our economy.
Note: Shop Small Movement takes place every year on the last Saturday of November.
#ShopSmall, #Smallbusiness, #smallbusinesssaturday, #retailtherapy